The banner on your YouTube channel gives your channel a much better and aesthetically pleasing look. It’s also one of the first things people see when they visit your channel and it’s an awesome way to brand yourself and whatever your channel is about.
If you have no idea on how to add a YouTube banner on your iPhone, keep on reading and we’ve got every detailed approach on how you can do that.
CAN YOU ADD YOUTUBE BANNER ON IPHONE?
Of course you can, it is really quick and easy to add a YouTube banner on your iPhone. You can use a different range of methods to add the banner, you can use the YouTube mobile app, safari and even google chrome. All these methods will be explained in this article so keep on reading to find out how you can do them.
You’ll get to know how you can post your own banner to make your YouTube channel appear more professional and inviting.
HOW TO ADD YOUTUBE BANNER ON IPHONE
If you have no idea on how you can add a YouTube banner using your iPhone, you’re in the right place. This article will help explain how you can do just that.
What you should understand Is that there’s no direct way you can add the YouTube banner from your iPhone but there are different methods and tricks you can use to achieve this same feat. We’re going to discuss every one of them and you can pick whichever one suits you.
Through the YouTube app:
One of the most popular methods is by using the YouTube app itself. One thing to realize is that you might not be able to add a YouTube banner from your iPhone through the YouTube app if you are currently using the old version of YouTube.
In order to be able to add a banner with little to no issues, you have to install the latest version of the YouTube mobile app on your iPhone.
After installing the app, make sure you’re signed into your account so you can easily access the settings on your channel. If all that has been taken care of, here’s how you add a banner using the YouTube mobile app:
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile located at the top right of the app.
- You will have to scroll down and tap on “my channel”.
- On the next page, click on the “edit channel” option.
- On the next pop up you will see an option to change or edit your banner pic.
- Tap on it
- You will be shown the available pictures in your gallery for you to pick from, choose any pic of you want from your gallery.
- Upload the picture.
Whatever picture you had selected should now become set as the banner picture of your YouTube channel.
Through the safari web browser:
Your safari web browser is also another method you can use to add a banner to your YouTube channel. If you have your banner already prepared, you can definitely add them to YouTube through the safari web browser on your iPhone and here’s how you can do it:
- Open the safari web browser on your iPhone.
- Type in “YouTube studios” in the search bar and visit the site.
- On the page that appears, it would ask you to continue with the app. Ignore it and click on “continue to studio” at the bottom of the screen.
- Your YouTube channel’s dashboard is going to appear on the next page. Look to the left of the screen you’ll see a list of options like a menu bar, click on “custom” (it is usually the second to last icon with stars.)
- You channel’s customization page will appear, tap on “branding”.
- You’ll see an option that says “banner image”, tap on it.
- Tap on “upload image”.
- This should take you to your photo gallery, pick the picture you would want to use as a banner and tap on “choose” at bottom right after selecting the image.
- Set the banner picture to be viewable on all devices in the next step and click on done.
- After picking the picture, at the upper right of your screen you’ll see the “publish” option, tap on it to successfully upload your banner.
With the above steps you’ve successfully added a banner to your YouTube channel using the safari Web browser on your iPhone.
Through google chrome:
Another way you can add banners to YouTube using your iPhone is by using google chrome. If you don’t have the google chrome web browser, it is available on the app store and you can download it to carry on with this method. If you have the browser, here’s what you need to do you add a banner to your YouTube:
- Open the google chrome app on your iPhone.
- Visit YouTube.com using the search bar.
- Click on your channel’s account at the top right of your screen.
- Set google chrome to desktop mode (this is an important step, without setting chrome to desktop mode you might not be able to add banners to YouTube from your iPhone).
- At the left top corner of the screen tap on the three lines to access the menu.
- Tap on the “my channel” option.
- Your YouTube channel’s dashboard should appear and you should be able to see your banner pic (it should be empty if you haven’t set one before). On the top right corner of the banner pic tap on the edit icon that looks like a pencil.
- After tapping in the icon, tap on “edit channel art”.
- In the next pop up, tap on the blue upload button and then choose the photo library to pick whatever picture you want to use as your banner.
- After selecting your picture, tap on upload.
Your banner picture will be added to YouTube after completing the last step.
Any of the above methods should work just fine if you want to add a banner to YouTube using your iPhone. Hopefully we’ve been able to take you through the process so you can get to personalize and brand your YouTube channel.