If you are super obsessed with customizing different effects and features on your iPhone, you might have come across the option to turn your iPhone flashlight orange. Instead of using the regular flash like everyone else, you have something different you can show off. If you are curious about how to do this, you are reading the perfect article. We’ll take you through the different things you need to know about turning your iPhone flashlight orange.
Can You Turn iPhone Flashlight Orange
The default flashlight that comes in all iPhones is usually the clear white color. This is the default flashlight color to help you with the brightest effect while trying to find your way through the dark. If you search through the settings on your iPhone to change the flashlight’s color, you will find out that it is actually impossible.
Since there isn’t a setting on the iPhone to turn the flashlight orange, you might think that it is actually impossible to turn it orange. There might not be a setting to change the color but there is actually a way you can go around it and turn the flashlight on your iPhone to the orange color.
In order to turn your iPhone’s flashlight orange, you have to make sure that your iPhone is jailbroken. This is the only way. Jail broken phones usually come with the freedom of customization. You can easily customize a jailbroken phone and if you need the orange color on your flashlight, you need to first jailbreak your iPhone.
How to Change iPhone Flashlight Color
Before going on with the steps on how to turn your iPhone’s flashlight orange, it is advised that you make sure you follow the instructions above to jailbreak your iPhone. This makes it very easy for you to turn the flashlight orange without facing any issues whatsoever.
After your iPhone has been jailbroken, the app cydia will be automatically installed on your iPhone. This app provides your iPhone with a wide amount of tweaks when it comes to customizing your phone and its software.
- Open the cydia app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on the sources icon.
- On the list of sources, tap on poomsmart’s repo. If it is not on the sources list, you can search for it by tapping on the edit button at the top right of the screen and then tap on add at the top left. Now search in poomsmart repo and search.
- On the next screen, scroll down and tap on the tweaks folder.
- On the next screen, you will see a tweak called amber. Tap on it.
If you can’t find amber, search for it in the search bar.
- After opening amber, tap on the modify option at the top right corner of the screen to start downloading.
- A pop up should appear, tap on reinstall.
- Tap on confirm at the top right of the screen.
After doing all of the steps above, amber should successfully complete the download and install on your iPhone. After it’s done installing, follow the steps below:
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down the list of options and tap on the control center.
- On the next screen, scroll down and then tap on the plus “+” button close to amber to add it to the control center of your iPhone.
- Exit the settings app and swipe downwards on your screen to access the control center.
- Tap on the amber icon to toggle it on.
- Then tap on your flashlight icon to turn it on.
When you turn on the flashlight of your iPhone, it should now appear in the orange or amber color successfully.
Does Changing iPhone Flashlight Color Affect My iPhone?
After turning the flashlight of your iPhone to the orange or amber color, you might begin to think that it has some adventures effect on your iPhone. Turning on the orange flashlight surely requires a bit more energy from your iPhone but it does not harm your iPhone anyway in the long run of events.
In fact, the amount of energy your iPhone uses for the orange flashlight customization is barely noticeable. This means that your iPhone will still work perfectly as it does when the orange flashlight is not turned on.
If your iPhone is already suffering from bad battery health, then the orange torchlight on your iPhone will only be responsible for running down you battery at a quicker rate. So you shouldn’t leave your iPhone on amber for a really long time. If your battery life is normal, you have nothing to worry yourself about.
How Do I Customize My iPhone Flashlight?
As we mentioned above, there is no way to customize the color of your iPhone’s flashlight without jailbreaking your iPhone. One thing to note though is that the only customization you can do on your iPhone’s flashlight without jailbreaking it is to change the brightness.
Through the control center, it is really easy to reduce the brightness of your touch and also increase it if you would like to. To carry out this customization, follow the easy steps below:
- Swipe down on your iPhone’s screen to access the control center.
- Locate the flashlight icon, tap on it and hold.
- On the slider that appears, drag it up and down to select the amount of brightness you need.
It’s that easy and the settings are always saved automatically once you exit the control center. Asides this, there is no customization left available for your iPhone‘s torchlight unless you jailbreak it and follow the steps in this article.
Customizing your iPhone’s flashlight and turning it not orange is pretty easy to do once you know the steps. In this article we’ve given you the detailed steps on how you can do that. One thing you should keep in mind is that you will need to make sure that your iPhone is jailbroken before the steps are going to work. Without a jailbroken phone, you will find it very difficult to turn your iPhone’s flashlight orange