You might be wondering how to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone. Well, you’re at the right place. Apple TV makes it possible for you to stream videos, movies, and music from your iPhone to your television. While it has many perks or advantages, there could also be a reason why you might want to learn how to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone.
Whatever that reason might be, you definitely want to learn how to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone. Maybe you have tried and tried but you can’t seem to be able to disconnect the apple TV yourself. This article will be of great help to you on that journey, let’s get started.
Can You Disconnect Apple Tv on iPhone?
Finding it hard to disconnect apple TV from your iPhone? A lot of people are in the same dilemma. They wonder if it is actually possible to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone. The good news is that you can.
There are different methods you can use to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone and they’re all pretty easy. iPhone provides a lot of options available that you can use to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone. Since you now know that it is possible to disconnect apple TV on iPhone, the next question on your mind could be “how do I go about it?”
How to Disconnect Apple Tv on iPhone
If you’re still asking yourself how to disconnect apple TV on iPhone, then you should probably keep reading as we have the best answers to that question. We’re going to provide you with a few methods you can use to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone, let’s dive in:
1. Turn Off Screen Mirroring:
One full proof method you can use to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone is to turn off the screen mirroring feature on your iPhone. The screen mirroring feature is what makes it possible for apple TV to cast your iPhone’s screen to your TV.
By turning off the screen mirroring feature you should be able to disconnect apple TV on any iPhone. How exactly do you that? What are the processes you need to follow? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, follow the steps below:
- On the home page of your iPhone, swipe down on your screen to reveal the control center.
- You will see an option labeled “screen mirroring”, tap on it.
- On the next pop up, tap on “stop mirroring” to successfully disable the feature.
That should be enough to disconnect the apple TV using only your iPhone.
2. Disable Airplay and Handoff:
Another way you can use to disconnect apple TV on iPhone is by using the settings app and disenabling airplay. Airplay technically makes it possible for you to share your files like videos, pictures and music to your apple TV.
Turning it off is one of the ways you can use to disconnect apple TV on your iPhone. This method is not hard and you’ll find out it’s just as easy as the first. Let’s head on to how it is done, shall we?
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, you will have to tap on general.
- You will see the airplay and handoff option, tap on it.
- Tap on “automatic airplay to TVs”.
- On the next screen you will see a list of options, tap on “never”.
Can You Permanently Disconnect Apple Tv from iPhone
After learning how to disconnect apple TV on iPhone, you might be wondering if it is possible to permanently disconnect the apple TV itself from your iPhone. You can absolutely remove apple TV and go this, you just have to unpair with the apple TV.
This will cut off all connection from your iPhone and the apple TV. You will not be connected to the apple TV anymore unless you decide to start the pairing process all over. If you have no idea about how you can unpair apple TV, follow the steps below so you can unpair and remove it permanently from your iPhone.
- Open the settings on your apple TV.
- Tap on remote and devices.
- You will see an option labeled “remote apps and devices”, tap on it.
- You’re going to see your iPhone, tap on “unpair”.
- Restart both your iPhone and apple TV
When you have both devices up and running again, the apple TV should successfully be deleted from your iPhone. If you ever think of connecting with the apple TV again, you will have to start the pairing process all over again.
Why Won’t My iPhone Disconnect from Apple Tv?
Still having issues trying to disconnect apple TV from your iPhone? Maybe you’ve tried to unpair the apple TV on the list of devices and nothing seems to be working.
The first thing you could try is to restart your iPhone. Bugs are a normal phenomenon that could affect your disconnection. Restarting your iPhone should be enough to return things to normal and you can try disconnecting apple TV again.
If that doesn’t work, there’s another trick you can use:
- Swipe down from the top right of your screen to reveal the control center.
- You’ll see the airplane log in a small box on the right, tap on it.
- On the next pop up you will see an option titled “control other speakers & TVs”, tap on it.
- On the next screen you will see a list of options, tap on the on that says “iPhone”.
That should fix the disconnection problem. You might still need to restart your iPhone after applying this setting for it to work perfectly.
It annoys us sometimes when our iPhones automatically connects to apple TV when we turn on our Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. If you had troubles trying to disconnect the apple TV on your iPhone, then this article must have been of great help to you. The steps aren’t hard to follow and you must have solved your issue by now.