There are lots of reasons why you might want to downgrade your Instagram, it could be that the latest version of the app has a few bugs, it could be that you’re not entirely comfortable with the new features and you just prefer the old fashioned version you grew accustomed to.
Now you’re wondering how you can downgrade the Instagram app back to an older version on your iPhone and if it is possible to do so. If that is what’s going through your mind, then you’re reading the right article as we’ll guide you through and provide answers to most of those questions you’re constantly asking yourself.
WHY CAN’T I DOWNGRADE INSTAGRAM ON THE APP STORE?
Downloading the downgraded version of Instagram on the app store is not possible. The apps that are available on the app store are constantly being updated to the latest versions.
When this happens, the older versions will not be available on the app store anymore for you to downgrade to.
CAN YOU DOWNGRADE INSTAGRAM ON IPHONE?
Like we said, you will not be able to downgrade your Instagram using the app store but It is very possible to downgrade the Instagram on your iPhone using other methods.
As you might know, there are several steps and things you have to do before you can achieve this feat. With the detailed guidelines from this article, you should be able to downgrade the Instagram app on your iPhone so you can get back to enjoying the features you are familiar and happy with.
HOW TO DOWNGRADE INSTAGRAM ON IPHONE
How exactly do you downgrade the Instagram app on your iPhone? Downgrading Instagram on your iPhone is actually pretty easy once you follow the steps below.
You will need to use methods which would involve using third party apps that work almost like the app store or using modded websites where you can download apps for free.
These third party apps let you download and install any app you want and the unique thing here is that you can download the earlier versions of any app you want.
Modded Websites like APKpure is a nice site you can visit and download the older version of the Instagram app on your iPhone. After downloading the app from this site the Instagram app should be downgraded.
You don’t need to worry about viruses or any harmful thing from these sites as it is relatively safe.
Without much talk, let’s head on to how we can downgrade Instagram using these methods.
Use the “Old Version” app:
You have to download and install the old version app on your iPhone so you can successfully downgrade your Instagram on your iPhone. If you have no idea on what the old version app is and how to install it, don’t worry. We’ll show you how you can get the old version app so you can use it to download the downgraded version of Instagram on your iPhone.
Before we start this method, you have to make sure that you have turned off the low power mode on your iPhone else it will not work. Open the settings app on your iPhone, tap on battery then you turn off the low power mode setting.
How To Find Liked Photos On iPhone
How To Check Video Size On iPhone
How To Make Facetime Full Screen On iPhone
The second thing you need to take care of is to turn off background app refresh. To do this, open the settings app > tap on general > background app refresh> make sure it is set to Wi-Fi and cellular data.
if you’ve carried out the above steps, you can now download the old version app so you can use it to get the downgraded version of Instagram. Here’s how you do it:
- Open the safari browser on your iPhone.
- Search “sideload.dev” on the search bar and visit the site.
- When the site loads, type in “Old version” in the site’s search bar so you can download the app.
- The old version app should appear, tap on it.
- A pop up will appear, tap on “start injection” to start downloading the old version app.
- Once the app is done injecting, you have to complete some offers or tasks before the app will be installed successfully.
- The old version app should install on your iPhone after completing the task, now you have to open the app.
- After opening the old version app, search for Instagram on the search bar of the app
- When Instagram appears, long press the download button and pick the “download/upgrade” option.
- You will be shown a list of Instagram versions you can downgrade to, click on the version you want to downgrade to and it will start installing.
Use modded websites (Uptodown):
You can also downgrade Instagram on your iPhone from downloading the app from modded websites. Examples of modded websites are APKpure and Uptodown which provides older versions of any app you might eat to downgrade to, for the purpose of this article we’ll show you can downgrade Instagram on Uptodown but most of the modes websites basically follow the same steps. Here’s how:
- Open your web browser on your iPhone.
- Search putdown and visit the site.
- When you’re on the site, type in “Instagram” on the search bar.
- The Instagram app should be available on the next page for you to download, tap on “older versions” option.
- Tap on the older version you want to downgrade to and then click on download.
The downgraded version of Instagram should download and install on your iPhone and you should be able to launch it once you’re done. It’s that quick and easy.
DOES DOWNGRADING INSTAGRAM CAUSE ANY ISSUE?
If you’re downgrading your Instagram, you will not have any issues as long as your iOS is compatible with the version you’re downgrading to. You can use the app without noticing any bugs or inconvenience.
You may not experience issues but you will not have access to the new features that have been introduced to the updated version of the app.
With the above steps you should be able to downgrade Instagram easily. One thing to note is that if you’re using iOS 14, you should try downgrading it from your app store by long pressing on the download button. You should see an option to downgrade. This feature is not available to all iOS 14, you can check to see if it works for you.
Leave a Reply