Planning on adding more qualifications or items to your resume through your iPhone? If you are, then you’re reading the perfect article. We’re going to give you answers to most of the questions you have about editing your resume on your iPhone. Let’s head on to it.
Can I Edit Resume on My iPhone?
Your laptop might be dead or perhaps you’re looking for a quick way to edit your resume and your iPhone is the only resort that comes to mind. Luckily, you can edit your resume on your iPhone and it is a really simple process.
Editing your resume on your iPhone would mean that you have to use a few word editing apps. These apps works the same way the editing apps on your laptop works. It is possible for you to convert your resume from PDF to word format so you can easily edit and add any qualifications you want.
How to Edit Resume on iPhone
All you have to do is use the apps that are specifically meant to edit documents on your iPhone. These apps are usually free and there are tons of them available for you to use. We’re going to give a list of the best apps to edit your resume and how you can actually do it. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to edit it from a PDF format or a word format, there is always an app for it. Let’s head on to it:
Microsoft office mobile:
The first method you can use to edit your resume is by using the Microsoft office app. One of the best features of this app is that it lets you convert your PDF files into word documents so you can easily edit them and convert them back to word documents. Here’s what you need to do:
- If you don’t have the Microsoft office app on your iPhone, open the app store and search for it in the search bar.
- When the Microsoft Office mobile app appears, download it.
- After downloading and installing the Microsoft office mobile app, go and open the file app on your iPhone to search for your resume.
- After finding the resume file you want to edit, long press the file to display a pop-up menu.
- On the pop up menu scroll and tap on share.
- You will see a list of apps to share the file to. Tap on the Microsoft office app. the file should automatically open on the Microsoft office app.
- At the top right corner of the screen, tap on the three dots.
- On the pop-up menu that appears, tap on convert to word.
- Now you can edit the resume as a word document.
Editing the resume is pretty easy. You can use the tools available on the Microsoft Office app to add different effects to the words as you might want. To save your document and convert it back to PDF format, follow the steps below:
- At the top of the top right corner of the screen, tap on the three dots.
- Tap on export.
- To save it as PDF format, tap on PDF.
- On the next screen, put in the file name and select the storage location
- Click on export or done.
The pages app is a popular word editing app owned by Apple itself. It works just as well as Microsoft Office mobile and you can use it to edit your resume without any hassle. The app comes pre-installed on some iOS devices. If you can’t find it on your iPhone, open the app store and download the app. After downloading the app, follow the steps below to edit your resume using the app:
- Launch the pages app.
- At the bottom right of the screen, tap on browse.
- On the next screen, tap on my iPhone to search for the resume file you want to edit.
- After finding the resume file, tap on it.
- It should open for you to start editing.
Just like using Microsoft Office mobile, there are lots of tools available for you to use and edit the resume to suit your taste. Once you are done and satisfied with the final result, you can follow the steps below to save the resume:
- Tap on the three dots at the upper left of the screen.
- On the list of options, tap on export.
- You can choose to export it as a PDF or Word file.
- Tap on Save to files and save it in any location you want.
How to Stop iPhone Name From Changing by Itself
How to Fix Gmail App Says “No connection” On iPhone
How to fix iCloud Messages Not Downloading On iPhone
Is It a Good Idea to Edit Resume On iPhone?
Editing your resume on your iPhone is just as good as using a laptop or computer. If you have basic knowledge on word editing, the final product should be just fine. Editing the resume with your iPhone is just as good as editing with your laptop, they both produce the same thing.
The only disadvantage you will get from editing with your iPhone is that the premium tools may not be available. Asides this, every other tool you use for your day-to-day editing of word documents are readily available for you to edit your resume to suit your preference. If you’re planning on editing your resume on the get-go, your iPhone is definitely an ideal and easy choice.
Why Can’t I Edit My Resume on My iPhone?
If you have tried using any of the listed apps above to edit your resume and they can’t seem to help you edit the file, then you might need to check up on the format your resume is saved. If you can’t open and edit your resume on any of these apps, you have to take a better look at how the resume file is stored.
Make sure it is saved as a PDF, word or text file. All of these formats are saved as (.pdf), (.docx) and (.txt) respectively. While saving the edited resume, it is also required that you save the file as any of the listed formats so it can actually save.
Editing your resume on your iPhone is really quick and easy. At the end of this article, you must have understood everything you need to know about editing a resume on your iPhone. One thing to note is that you should make sure your resume is saved in the correct format. If it isn’t, it may not be recognized by these word editing apps and you won’t be able to edit the resume.
Leave a Reply