Syncing your contacts between your iPhone and iPad is really easy using iCloud’s services. It is an amazing feature but sometimes, you might face some issues like your contacts refusing to sync between your iPhone and iPad. There could be various reasons behind why your contacts refuse to sync and when this happens, what do you do? If you have no idea on what to do, you’re reading the perfect article. We’re going to explain everything you should know.
Can I Fix Contacts Not Syncing Between iPhone and iPad?
It is very possible to fix your contacts that aren’t syncing between your iPhone and iPad. There are a few things you need to do and set in place for it to work. In this article, we’ll give you the perfect guide on what you should do to help you fix your contacts that aren’t syncing. All the methods are really easy to follow and they are effective.
Why Can’t I Sync Contacts Between iPhone and iPad?
There can be a list of numerous reasons why your contacts are unable to sync between iPhone and iPad. Some reasons are more common and we’re going to list a few that could be stopping your contacts from syncing. These reasons include:
- Poor internet connection. The only way you can sync your contacts successfully is if you have a good internet connection, without it, you will have issues trying to do so.
- Low iCloud storage which makes it impossible to carry out the syncing process. Without enough storage space, you won’t be able to sync contacts.
- Using Incorrect Apple ID.
These are just a few reasons behind why you can’t sync your contacts. Bear in mind that there could be more reasons. It doesn’t really matter what could be responsible for stopping your contacts from syncing, we’re going to give you enough methods in this article that can help you fix it so you can start syncing your contact between your iPhone and iPad.
How to Fix Contacts not syncing between iPhone and iPad
There are a few methods you can try to use and fix your contacts to sync between your iPhone and your iPad. Like we had earlier mentioned, it doesn’t matter what could be behind the issue. The methods in this article will be enough for you to tackle those issues and successfully connect the contacts between your iPhone and iPad. Let’s head on to these methods.
Toggle on the contact feature on iCloud:
One reason why your contacts aren’t syncing between your iPhone and iPad is that you haven’t turned on the contacts feature on iCloud. By default, this setting is usually turned on but in some instances you might find out that it is actually disabled. To turn it on, follow the steps below:
- Go to the settings app on your iPhone.
- You should see your apple ID at the top of the screen, tap on it.
- On the list of available options, tap on iCloud.
- On the next screen, tap on apps using iCloud.
- A list of all the apps on your iPhone should appear, tap on contacts to toggle it on.
- A pop up menu should appear asking you to merge or cancel, tap on merge.
Check on your iCloud storage:
If your iCloud storage doesn’t have enough space left, it will not be possible for you to sync contacts between your iPhone and iPad. If your storage space is filled up, then you should consider deleting a few things to free up space. When there’s enough spaces available, you can sync your contacts without any problem. Follow the steps below to check your iCloud storage:
- Launch the settings app on your iPhone.
- On the list of options, locate and tap on iCloud.
- Under the iCloud settings, tap on manage storage.
- On the next screen you should see a detailed compilation of what is taking up your storage space and amount of spaces left available.
Double check on your apple ID:
One common problem that can cause your contacts not to sync between your iPhone and iPad could be that you’re putting in the wrong apple ID. If you aren’t signed in with the same ID, it will not be possible to sync your contact between both devices. Be sure to double check on the apple ID to ensure that they are the same and that you are not making any mistakes.
Check your internet’s connection:
The whole process of trying to sync your contacts with your iPhone and iPad can only be possible through good internet connection. Without good internet, the syncing process may be delayed or cut off completely. Make sure you have a good internet connection before you try to sync contacts between iPhone and iPad.
If you have network issues, try turning off your Wi-Fi and then turning it back on. If you are using cellular data, you can do the same thing. Go to the settings on your iPhone, tap on cellular. Toggle off the cellular data and then toggle it back on. This should help refresh your network.
Sign out of iCloud:
Another method you can try is to sign out of your iCloud and then try signing in again. If you were logged in for a really long time, that particular session can develop a few problems and cause your contacts to have issues when you try to sync. To solve this, you need to end the session and create a new one by signing out and signing on again. This refreshes your iCloud and prepares it to sync. Follow the steps below to sign out and sign in again:
- Open the settings app on your iPhone and tap on your name or profile at the top of the screen.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on sign out.
- You will need to enter your password.
- Tap the sign out option again and then tap on confirm.
- Wait for about 5 minutes and then sign into your iCloud account again.
What Happens if I Can’t Sync Contacts Between iPhone and iPad?
If you have tried the above steps and you still can’t sync the contacts between your iPhone and iPad, it means that your devices may have a few bugs. Before carrying on with any of the methods again, consider restarting both devices to refresh their systems. It is also recommended that you update the iOS of both devices if you can, this helps gives you the best experience while trying to sync your contacts. Here’s how you update your iOS:
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on general.
- Tap on the option for Software updates.
- Tap on the updates available to download.
After doing all of these things, follow the methods listed out in this article and you should be able to sync the contacts between your iPhone and iPad.
This article explains how easy it is to fix your contacts that are not syncing between iPhone and iPad. It doesn’t really matter what could be stopping your contacts from syncing, the methods in this article should help you fix it.