We love to capture memories in the form of videos but it gets really annoying when the video comes out grainy and you don’t get to enjoy a clear picture of what you wanted.
It would be insane to try and take a video again, because you can’t try to recapture the essence of the moment that has passed.
CAN YOU FIX GRAINY VIDEOS ON IPHONE?
If you’re bummed that your video is grainy and looking for ways to fix it, I have good news for you. It is very possible for you to actually fix grainy videos on your iPhone. If you’re reading this article then there’s a high chance you don’t know how to go about it.
Don’t worry, we will give you enough tips to help you do just that. You don’t need to have fancy equipment or install a lot of software and plugins before you can fix grainy videos on your iPhone. You’ll find out how to fix grainy video on iPhone using simple apps.
WHY IS MY VIDEO GRAINY?
The most common problem that causes your videos to be grainy is that you shoot them in areas where there’s low light. The darker your environment, the more your picture is going to come out grainy.
To stop this, you have to try recording your videos in places where there’s an excess of light so your camera can focus properly. This will help reduce the grainy video effect on your phone.
Another reason is that you are recording the video in high resolutions. You should try to reduce the video resolution while recording.
This helps reduce the excess data that is needed to be processed by your camera which in turn reduces the grainy video effect. To do reduce the resolution of your camera, follow the steps below:
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down until you find “camera”, tap on it.
- On the next screen tap on the “record video” option.
- You should see different options of resolutions you can pick from.
- Pick any resolution and check back on your camera to see which fixes the grainy effect on your videos. (We recommend that you pick 1080p).
One thing to also note is that whenever you are taking a video, you should always try to keep your hands steady. If you’re continuously shaking the camera, your video will come out grainy. Even with all these things being said, how exactly do you fix grainy videos on iPhone?
HOW TO FIX GRAINY VIDEOS ON IPHONE
There are a few ways you can use to fix grainy videos on your iPhone. You can use the photos app or a third party app that deals with video editing to fix your video. Let’s head on to how we can use these methods to fix the grainy videos:
Using the photos app:
One of the most popular way is by using the photos app on your iPhone to edit the video. Luckily, the photos app comes with unique features that lets you edit and fix your videos. Removing grainy effect from your video is very possible using this app and it’s pretty easy, here’s how you do it:
- You will have to launch the photos app on your iPhone.
- After opening the photos app, you will have to pick the video you would like to edit and fix the grainy video effect.
- At the top of the video, you will see an option titled “edit”, tap on it.
- Tap on “adjustments”.
- Scroll down until you reach the end of the list of adjustments.
- Tap on “noise reduction”.
- You can increase the noise reduction by moving it to the right. (Increasing the noise reduction actually makes the video less grainy but it also makes it a bit blurry. It’s normal, just keep following the steps).
- Next to the noise reduction tool you should see the sharpening tool, Tap on it.
- Increase the sharpness just a little bit.
- Tap on “done”.
Using the VN app
Another unique way you can use to fix grainy photos is by using third party apps. These apps specialize in editing and fixing videos, grainy videos included. Most of these apps are free on the app store and VN is a perfect example that we highly recommend you use. We will also be showing you how you can use the VN app with easy steps. Let’s take a look at it:
- Download and install the VN app from your app store.
- Launch the VN app.
- You will have to import the grainy video to VN from your files or gallery.
- After importing the video you will see it on the VN dashboard, tap on it. A yellow rectangle with a list of edit options should appear above the video.
- Tap on ‘’filters’’ option.
- After opening the filters, tap on “adjust”.
- Scroll until you see the noise reduction option. Tap on it and increase it to your taste..
- After setting the noise reduction, scroll to the “sharpen” option. Tap on it.
- Increase the sharpness a little bit.
- Tap on “apply”.
With the above steps you should easily fix the grainy videos effect on your iPhone. You don’t need to go around paying for plugins on a computer when you can easily fix it on your iPhone.
You should also note the precautions above to avoid taking grainy videos. Make sure you are in a well-lit environment so that the camera of your iPhone can focus. Also try as much as you can to avoid moving your hands around while you’re trying to take a video.
If you follow these instructions, you should be able to fix any grainy video at all. This way you can finally enjoy the video’s quality to the fullest.