Once you’re sure you’ve been blocked by contact, there’s not much you’re able to do to get a message across to them. Not even a call will work neither would texting them, as their Carrier and iPhone respect their decision to block you off.
So what if you want a fresh start with the person that only dialogue can solve, how then do you get to send your text across? In this article, you’ll learn how to text someone who blocked your iPhone.
How To Text Someone Who Blocked Your iPhone
There are a few ways to text someone who has blocked you on your iPhone. All of the ways that you’ll be applying would include how to get around the blacklist tag either on your phone number or the Apple ID email associated with your iMessage.
However, you’d need to be 100% sure that you’ve been blocked by the person, otherwise you’ll only be chasing shadows or trying to fix what has not been broken. There are few ways you can rerun a check to really confirm beyond all reasonable doubt that you’ve been blocked. Two of those checks include;
- Your messages to the person will not get the regular blue color coding as with every iMessage, but will be green. Look also if you get read receipts for your recent messages to the person. If you’ve confirmed this, then it’s likely that you’ve been blocked.
- One last check is to try calling the person. If you receive after several attempts of calling the same message asking you to drop a voice mail. Then it’s also likely that you’ve been blocked. To finally confirm this, call the number from a different device and user if the call goes through, I’m sorry, you’ve been blocked.
With that said, use the methods below to text someone who has blocked your iPhone.
Change iMessage Email
The iMessage is different from the other regular messaging apps in that it utilizes your email address when sending and receiving messages to and from your contacts. It’s able to send texts as iMessages as well as SMS.
iMessages are preferred over SMS by the app and distinguished primarily by having messages sent over your connected email address whereas SMS will only send over your phone number counting against your Carrier subscription.
Hence, if you’re able to change the connected email address that has been blocked, then you’ll be able to message them again from a new email. Fortunately, this is possible on iPhone and can be setup in only a few easy clicks.
Follow the steps below to change caller ID or your associated iMessage email address;
- Open iPhone Settings
- From the app section, scroll and tap on Messages
- Tap on Send & Receive
- Scroll down to the option that says ‘You Can Be Reached By iMessage At’, tap on it.
- Tap on ‘Add Another email’
- Enter a new email address you want to use into the space.
- You’ll be made to verify the added mail address by confirming a mail that will be sent to the email account. After verification, the email address is now ready to be used.
- Tap on ‘Start New Conversation From’, a drop of available email addresses will appear, tap on the just added address.
Message the suspect you think has blocked you on iMessage and it’ll be delivered to them successfully. Bear in mind also that this method will only be valid if the person you’re trying to text also uses iMessage.
Users with only SMS capability will not be able to receive your message if you’ve been blocked by them. In this case, use the second method below in this article.
Change Phone Number
By change phone number, I don’t mean you should go get from your Carrier another SIM to replace your current SIM. I mean, you only have to operate from a virtual disposable number that you can use to call and text anywhere or anybody.
This method comes in handy especially if you’ve exhausted and have had all your spare email addresses blocked by the person on iMessage. Another situation is also when the person you’re trying to text does not have iMessage enabled.
For the purpose of this article, I was able to find an app that works really well, quite cost effective, great interface with an option to try the service freely first. ‘Change Phone Number by Numbr’ is a third party app, available on the app store and widely used by many with a 4.4 rating.
The number you buy from the Numbr (it’s no typo!) app works just like every other number and can co-exist with your already existing phone number. Follow the below guide to text someone who have blocked you using the Numbr app;
- Download and install Numbr from the app store
- Launch the app and sign up with your email address
- Select a number from the list of available numbers by tapping on it
- Tap on Next just at the base of the screen to continue with the payment and credit recharging.
- Open the dialer on the app, enter the persons phone number
- Tap on the Text button at the bottom.
- Compose your text and hit the send button
To make things a little bit more clear, you can add your name as a foot note to the text so the person is able to identify you quickly, but that’s your choice to make anyway. The most important thing remains that you’re able to pass your message across regardless of being blocked.
The only downside is that it’s not available for all countries yet as you may not find your country code phone number for purchase.
Can You Text Someone Who Blocked You On iPhone?
Yes, if you can find a way around the block, then you can text anyone who have blocked you on iPhone. An iPhone block revolves around your phone number as well as your connected email address. Making it impossible to either call or text the person.
To easily bypass the limitation of being able to text to text, you’d need to first change the email address associated with your iPhone default messaging app – iMessage. Doing this will trick iMessage to believing you’re texting from a new ID, hence your messages will successfully be delivered.
That’s not all their is to bypassing a block, you can also use third party apps available on the app store to get your self an operational normal that can be used for texting and calling alike. The Numb
r app has done the job so well that garnered 4.4 user ratings from 800 users.
Best part is, these numbers put up no conflict with your original number as they can be used together. There’s really no limit to the amount of phone numbers you can own.
Although it’s best to respect the decision of whoever who has blocked you on iPhone, you can still give a shot at mending the relationship, perhaps the text you’ll send may be the conversation starter that may later get things fixed right through dialogue. In case you’re looking for how to text someone who blocked you on iPhone, I’ve got you covered. Use any of the methods listed above that suits you best.