While using our phones, our security is usually our top concern and that’s why we usually put passwords and our fingerprints to tighten their security. We do all of these things because we do not want other people intruding into our phones and having access to any of our information. It is a splendid idea to safeguard your phones with numerous passwords but what happens when it gets stolen or missing? Normally, you would be clueless about where, to begin with, your search to try and retrieve your phone back but this article will help explain how you can track your phone down using only your iPhone.
Can LG Phones Be Tracked From An iPhone?
The answer can go both ways but you can definitely track LG phones from an iPhone. Everything just depends on the LG phone’s model, its services, and the previous settings you had made on the phone.
There are so many useful apps and tools you can find to help you track your LG phone with an iPhone. With these tools, the tracking process is quite possible.
How To Track An LG Phone From An iPhone
One of the ways to help track your LG phone from an iPhone is through the pre-installed “find my friends” app that’s already on your iPhone. This app shares the location of your friends or loved ones with you and can also notify you if they leave a particular place on a map. With this app, you can easily track your LG phone by following these steps:
- Go to your iPhone’s settings.
- Tap on your profile (where you see your name)
- Tap on iCloud.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “find my”.
- Toggle on the “find my” option.
- Open the find my friends app.
- Copy out your LG phone’s ID and paste in the app.
After following the above steps you will start to see the location of your LG phone on a map using your iPhone, it’s that easy. But you should also note that the above steps won’t work if the LG phone doesn’t have its location turned on.
How To Use Google’s “Find My Device” On Your iPhone To Track An LG Phone
Another way of tracking your LG phone through an iPhone is by using Google’s find my device feature. Before using Google’s find my device feature, you need to have a Google account. This feature is only available if you need to track your android phones and luckily, LG is no exemption. To access this feature through your iPhone, you need to make sure that you have already opened a Google account on your target phone (the LG) as you will be signing into this same account on your iPhone. Also note that this feature won’t work if the LG phone you’re trying to track doesn’t meet the following requirements:
- It has to be switched on.
- You need to be signed in to your Google account.
- The device needs to have the “Find my device” feature turned on.
- Your location needs to be turned on.
- The device needs to be connected to Wi-Fi or data.
If the above requirements are met, then it would be possible to carry on the next steps to track your LG phone from an iPhone. It’s advisable to turn on the “find my device” feature on your LG phone right now if you haven’t lost your phone yet. Do you have no idea on how to turn on the find my device feature on your LG phone? Follow these steps:
- Go to your settings
- Tap on Google > tap “Google account”
- Tap on security and location
- Turn on find my device
If all the above steps are done. We can now go on, here are the steps on using Google’s find my device feature to track an LG phone from an iPhone:
- Open your iPhone’s web browser.
- Go to google.com/android/find and log into your Google account.
- Find my device will begin to track your LG phone.
- If you successfully set up the “find my device” feature, you can carry out three options which are:
- Play sound: Even if your LG phone was on silent, this feature will cause it to make a sound.
- Secure your device: You can also lock your LG phone from the iPhone with this feature if you hadn’t secured it. To add, you can send a message to your phone and it displays on the lock screen so it gets easier to locate you in case it gets missing and they want to return it.
- Erase device: you can also choose to format or erase all the data on your phone if you feel you have no way of getting your phone back.
Can LG And iPhone Share Location?
The short answer is yes. The location feature allows you to share information about your current position in the map and it can be very beneficial when you’re trying to get to someone in a location you aren’t really familiar with. iPhone uses apple map while androids uses Google maps, these features are in-built and helps you to share your locations easily between android and iPhone.
If it weren’t possible to share locations between an LG phone and an iPhone, it would have been very difficult to try and track your LG phone from an iPhone because the whole tracking process is based on both devices reading each other’s locations.
Is There An App To Track An LG Phone From An iPhone Without Them Knowing?
Sometimes we’re extremely curious about what our friends and lovers may be doing. Maybe you’re having a feeling that your partner is likely cheating on you and hiding their chats or maybe you have children and you are concerned about what they are exposing themselves to, there are apps that could help you with all those answers.
But No, It isn’t possible for an app to track someone’s LG phone from an iphone without their knowledge because these apps usually ask for permission on the target device before it starts the tracking process. The only way you can successfully track someone’s LG phone through an app on your iPhone is if they agree with it. Usually, these apps would ask the owner of the LG phone if they are OK with allowing you to have access to their location. Anything aside that would be a direct intrusion of people’s privacy.
The only way you can do this without their knowledge is if you installed these apps on their phones while their phones were under your control. This way, you can agree to the terms of the app and keep track of their phone without their knowledge. These apps also have features where they hide their icons making them unnoticeable to the target’s phone. Through your iPhone, you can now see their call logs, messages, chats and much more.
How To Turn On Hashtag Images On iPhone
How To Connect Joy-Cons To iPhone
How To Find Out An Unknown Caller Number On iPhone
How Do You Install These Apps To Help Track An LG Phone From An iPhone?
If you are planning on having these spy tracking apps installed on your iPhone, you will need to have your hands on the target LG phone. There are so many spy apps across the internet and they follow the same processes:
- Download the app from the app store (make sure it’s an app that’s available on both android and iOS).
- Register and fill in the necessary details.
- Share the app from your iPhone to the LG phone.
- Accept the tracking terms on the LG phone.
- Put the tracking app in camouflage mode (the app icon doesn’t display) on the LG phone.
Examples of famous spy apps you could download are: mSpy, Cocospy, Spyera and uMobix.
Not all LG phones are traceable from an iPhone because there are lots of settings the users failed to put in place like we explained earlier. If you have an LG phone now, it is advisable to turn on your “find my device” option to make it easy for you to track your phone in future.
Tracking people’s personal information is a breach of their privacy and we advise you not go that far. You still stand a chance of getting caught and it might affect your relationship. We are not responsible for what you do with the information found here.
Leave a Reply