iPhone most times come with the settings already automatically set. This is mostly for the convenience and easy use of the user.one of such settings is the time and date which has already been set to suit the time zone of the user. But what if you are not comfortable with this setting and you want to change it, probably due to reasons such as a chance in time zone, the need to set your time a little earlier that usual in order to meet up with an appointment etc.? The easiest thing to do would be to go to the settings and change it manually. There are times however, that this particular setting is grayed out, meaning that you cannot access it and make the changes you want. This article takes you through the various methods you can use to change the time zone on your iPhone.
How To Turn Off Automatic Time Zone On iPhone
Follow the below guides and procedures to disable automatic time zone on Your iPhone
1.USE YOUR SETTINGS
This is easiest, fastest and most convenient way to change the time zone on your iPhone. All you have to do is
- Go to the settings on your phone.
- Tap on general.
- Tap on date and time
- Turn off the automatic setting and set the time manually.
If this method does not work, there are a number of other methods which you can try out which may involve you troubleshooting your phone. These other ways are as follows:
2. USE THE CLOCK APP
It is an obvious fact that the time is definitely attached to the clock app on your phone. One way to turn off the automatic time zone is to make use of the clock app. All you have to do is:
- Go to the clock app
- Tap on the tab at the top which is the world clock.
- Tap the icon on the left corner which is a plus sign.
- Choose the time zone you want.
- Tap on the top right corner which shows edit and turn off automatic setting.
3. SCREEN TIME SHARE SETTING
Screen time information can be shared across different iOS devices and when this is being done, it is important to lock the date and time of your device so as to get an appropriate report on the time across all devices. This means that using this service makes it impossible to change the time setting on your iPhone. To change the time zone, you have to turn off the screen share activity and you can do this by:
- Going to settings
- Tapping on screen time
- Scroll down to share access device and turn it off.
- Go to your settings again
- Tap on general
- Go to date and time and change it manually. You can also turn off the automatic settings.
4. TURN OFF PASSCODE ON SCREEN TIME
Screen time was introduced to the iOS devices to minimize the usage of certain apps and also as a form of parental control. Most times, screen times are turned on using a passcode; turning off this passcode can make it easier to change the time zone of the phone. The steps are as follows:
- Go to your settings
- Tap on screen time
- Tap on the icon that states change passcode
- Tap on turn off passcode
- Enter your passcode
- Turn off your passcode
- Then go to your settings and change the time manually
5. CHANGE YOUR PHONE LOCATION
The location set on your phone determines the time zone of your device. Turning off the location of your device naked it easy to change the time zone on your phone. The steps are:
- Go to your settings
- Tap on privacy
- Tap on your location service
- Scroll to the system services
- Turn off the time zone
- Go to your general settings and change the time manually
6. USE YOUR CARRIER SETTINGS
Some carrier settings on your mobile phone does not allow you to automatically turn off the time zone on your device. Updating your carrier settings can make turning off the automatic settings easier, if this does not work, contacting your carrier services directly can also prove to be useful. You can update your carrier setting by
- Going to your settings
- Wait for about 30 seconds, this gives your decision time to decide if it needs an update or not.
- If there is a notification for a. Update, then an update should be carried out.
- If there is no such notification, you can contact your carrier who would give you information on whether turning off the time automatically is possible.
7. RESTART OR RESTORE YOUR PHONE
If it gets to this point, then this might be an indication that something is wrong.
To restart your phone, long press on the power button, a prompt would show for you to restart your device. Put it off and wait for some time before putting it on again. Go to your settings and try to see if you can change from an automatic setting to a manual one. If this does not work, restoring your phone might be the next option.
Restoring the phone means taking it back to factory settings. Before doing this, it is important to ack up your phone. After this is done,
- Go to your settings
- Go to general
- Tap on reset
- Tap on the icon which states erase all content and setting
- Put in your ID and password when requested to do so.
WHY CANT I TURN OFF AUTOMATIC TIME ZONE ON MY IPHONE?
People find that they cannot turn off the time on their iPhones because it is automatically set. This is because iOS devices set the time on their devices by default based on the location of the phone and user.
Set automatically date and time greyed out iPhone! [Can’t Change Date and Time]
Sometimes you have to travel to another location but your iPhone can’t set automatically Date and Time it greyed out also manually time set not working this video will fix this issue on the New iOS 15.
This Time Zone Cannot be Set Manually due to Device Restrictions on iPhone
How to fix Set Automatically Greyed out on iPhone, This time zone cannot set manually because of device restrictions on iPhone, Why can’t I turn off set Automatically date and time, iPhone date and time set Automatically not working.
The features on an iPhone makes it stand out from other phones. However, using an iPhone should not be difficult and if you have issues changing the time zone on your iPhone because it is automatically set, these steps are sure to help you.