There are lots of iPhone users who have purchased a few apps on their iPhone through the app store. This usually comes with information like the purchase history of the app and this information is stored on your iPhone. This information about the purchase history on your iPhone can end up taking space on your iPhone’s memory and you might want to get rid of it. There can be other reasons why you might also want to delete the purchase history on your iPhone but is it possible for you to do so?
Can You Delete Purchase History on iPhone
If you are planning on switching your iPhone, you might want to delete any purchase history available on it. Purchase history can also take up unnecessary space in your iPhone’s memory and this can cause your phone to start lagging. Whatever your reason might be, you definitely want to get rid of the purchase history.
If you plan on deleting the purchase history then you’re in luck. There are a few methods you can try to delete the purchase history. All the methods are easy to follow and you should be able to get rid of it in no time. .
Is It Okay to Delete My Purchase History On
The purchase history of an app only contains some information about the app and the different activities that you carry out on the app. Eventually, this information can pile up and begin to take up excess storage space on your iPhone. To free up space, you will want to get rid of this information. Before you plan on deleting the purchase history, you might be curious, will deleting the purchase history have any bad effect on my iPhone?
There is absolutely no adverse effect in trying to delete the purchase history on your iPhone. It even helps to increase your security because most of the information will be gone or hidden from the view of others. Deleting the purchase history only helps to free up space and in turn make your iPhone run smooth. Getting rid of the excess data makes it easy for your iPhone to run faster and more effectively.
How to Delete Purchase History on iPhone
Earlier, we mentioned that there are a few methods you can follow to get rid of the purchase history on your iPhone. You can delete the purchase history through the app store, iCloud and even iTunes. Each method is effective enough to help you delete any purchase history on your iPhone. Let’s take a look at these methods and what you need to do:
Through the app store:
One of the best ways to get rid of the purchase history is through the app store. You aren’t actually deleting the history permanently but hiding the history on your iPhone. Here’s what you will have to do:
- Open the app store on your iPhone.
- At the top right section of your screen you will see your avatar or profile. Tap on it.
- Scroll through the list of options and then tap on purchase.
- You should see a list of your purchased apps under a table labeled all. Swipe on the app you want from right to left.
- After swiping you should see an option that says hide. Tap on it to hide all of the history.
How to Get Rid of Ghost Emails on iPhone
How to Allow Unknown Sources on iPhone
How to Uncover White out Text iPhone
Through iTunes on your Mac
For this method you need to have a Mac available so you can use your iTunes account to delete the purchase history. The steps are a bit similar to using the app store on your iPhone so they are easy to follow. Here’s what you should do:
- Turn on your Mac and open the iTunes app.
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac with a USB cord.
- Open the app store on your Mac and then open the iTunes store.
- Search for your account and then click on it.
- Click on purchase.
- Choose the app you want and then click on the option to delete history.
To delete the purchase history through your iCloud account you do not need a Mac. You can do it all on your iPhone and it’s very easy to do so. You will have to delete the app data from your account. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Launch the settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your account at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down the list of options and tap on manage storage.
- Tap on backups and then select your device.
- Tap on data to back up and tap on show all apps.
- Tap on the app you want to delete purchase history and it will toggle off.
- Tap on the turn off and delete option to get rid of the purchase history.
Can I See My Purchase History Before Deleting It?
Absolutely. It is very easy to see your purchase history before you delete it. Before this will be possible, you will need to sign into your apple account that was used for the purchase. If you are signed into your apple account, you can follow the easy steps below to view the purchase history:
- Launch the settings app.
- Tap on your username or profile.
- Tap on media and purchases.
- Tap on the purchase history option.
You should now be able to see the purchase history on your iPhone. The history is usually recorded based on the activities of the past 90 days. Every activity that has been carried out in the app will be recorded and detailed for that period of time.
There are a few reasons why you might want to delete the purchase history on your iPhone. Whatever your reason is, it is actually possible for you to do so. In this article we have given you different methods you can use to delete the purchase history on your iPhone and they are pretty easy to follow.
Deleting the purchase history will not have a bad effect on you or your device. It actually helps to free up space that will in turn help your iPhone to run smoothly. It also helps protect any sensitive information from being exposed when you get rid of it.
Leave a Reply