If you’ve ever tried to purchase something and you get a notification from apple saying “purchase date not validated” then you are not alone. There are lots of people who receive this frustrating message from apple and they have no idea what it actually means.
Luckily, this article should help you understand what it actually means when apple says the purchase date is not validated. You will also get to know why it says so and what you can do when you’re faced with this confusing text.
What Does It Mean When Apple Says Purchase Date Not Validated?
Basically, this means that Apple could not recognize the same purchase date as you do on your iPhone. Take for example your purchase date was at 17th February 1922, apple will give you the “purchase date not validated” if they can’t confirm the same purchase date as yours.
Your purchase date is usually the day you bought a product. If apple is not able to confirm your purchase date, that is when you get the alert that your purchase date is not validated. This is usually due to the fact that the transaction process was never completed. Therefore the verification process was halted and there isn’t any certain information to continue with your purchase.
Why Is My Apple Purchase Date Not Validated?
There could be lots of reasons why your purchase date is not validated and we are going to look at a few of them.
- If your purchase date is not validated, it could be that the product you are trying to purchase is counterfeit. Apple has strict verification processes, if the source of your product fails to provide apple with information that they can trust, then apple will not be able to confirm the purchase date. Hence, the notification that the apple purchase date is not validated
- Another reason could be that there was an error while you were trying to purchase the product. Unknown errors are often responsible for the notification you get from apple about the validation date.
- There have also been reports of people hacking into accounts to try and purchase items secondhand. When apple notices, they send forward the notification about the date validity.
- You haven’t received the item yet so you do not have any purchase date you can validate with
- You may be filling in the wrong information while trying to validate the date of the product purchase. While filling out the serial number if the product, make sure you cross check that you haven’t made any mistakes. This is an obvious advice but it is one of the main reasons why you can’t validate the date if your purchase.
What Does Valid Purchase Date Mean?
Valid purchase date is actually the date when you purchased a given product. If you purchase a product like air pods on today’s date, today becomes your valid purchase date.
When your date is validated, it gives apple the chance to easily track your product and to provide you with more than enough help.
When your purchase date is validated, it makes it really easy to communicate with apple and get services from them when ever you feel like you need it.
How Do I Validate An Apple Product?
There are a few things you could try to validate your product. You can use different methods like free product checking sites, Apple product checker app or even your iTunes account.
All of these methods are full proof and will work perfectly fine. Use any of the methods below which feels more convenient for you.
Method 1: Product Checking Sites
Starting with the free site you can use. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Open the web browser on your iPhone.
- Visit checkcoverage.apple.com.
- On the page that appears, you will have to input the serial number of the device or product.
- The next thing to do is follow the on screen instructions
If you follow the instructions, you should be able to validate your product without any stress.
Method 2: Using a Third Party App (a Product Checker App)
The next method you can try is by using the apple product checker app. If you do not have the app already then you have to download it from your app store. Launch the app and follow the on screen instructions on what to do next.
You will usually be required to fill in your apple ID and the serial number of the product before you can get to validate the date of the product.
Method 3: Using iTunes
Another option you can always try to validate the purchase date of a product is by using iTunes. If you have an iTunes account then this should be pretty easy for you as long as you have a computer by your side.
No idea on what to do? Don’t worry, the steps are really pretty easy to follow. If you have an iTunes account you just have to connect the product to your computer and your iTunes account.
From the iTunes software, you can know check on different information about the purchase date of a product including other things like updates on the device’s software if possible.
If anyone of the above steps doesn’t work, then you will have to contact apple apple support to help you validate the purchase date of the product.
You may not get services from apple support if you do not have the purchase receipt. It is very important for apple to use and help you with the validity of a product’s purchase date.
After reading this article you should be able to understand what it means when apple says purchase date not validated. At the same time, you must have learnt the different reasons why your purchase date was not validated and what you could do next.
Having a valid purchase date makes it really possible for you to communicate with apple in case you might need help from them about something pertaining to the product.